Rosemary, lemon and garlic leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2.5kg bone-in leg of lamb
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 180c and rub the olive oil on the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Using a sharp paring knife cut 2cm-deep slits all over the lamb, about 3cm apart. (Do not skimp. You should make about 40 cuts) Stuff the garlic into the slits, season with the salt and pepper. Allow the lamb to sit at room temperature for 45mins (allowing the flavours to be released)
- Place the lemon slices, slightly overlapping on the prepared sheet, top with 2 of the rosemary sprigs. Place the lamb onto the bed of lemon and rosemary. Place the final 3 sprigs of rosemary sprigs on top of the lamb.
- Roast the lamb, basting with the pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes (beginning half way through the cooking time). Cook for 1.30hrs and 2hrs or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the lamb (avoiding the bone) registers 65°c (cooking times will vary).
- Loosely tent the lamb with foil and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before slicing perpendicular to the bone.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
Don’t forget to swallow 2 Garlict capsules with liquid after your meal.