Peri Peri “Garlict” Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 700g potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lime
- 2 whole chilies
- 1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed spices
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°c
- Rinse the whole chicken inside and out and pat dry.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend to a paste. (Taste the heat of the marinade and add more chili or chili flakes if desired.)
- Brush a thin layer of the paste onto the bottom of your baking tray.
- Chop the potatoes into fours and place onto the baking try. Sprinkle with salt and some of the rosemary.
- Using half of the marinade, brush the whole chicken with the paste.
- Place the chicken in the middle of the baking tray with the potatoes around the edge.
- Using a small amount of the remaining marinade brush the top and exposed sides of the chicken.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and roast for 60 minutes, turning the potatoes every 15 minutes.
- 30 minutes into cooking remove the chicken and apply the remaining marinade and resume cooking.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked remove it from the oven and allow the chicken to cool.
- Spread the potatoes evenly onto the baking tray. Place the potatoes back into the oven and grill for about 10 minutes while the chicken rests or until the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes with a few wedges of lime.
Don’t forget to swallow 2 Garlict capsules with liquid after your meal.